You have to take the good with the bad. I’ve already released the list of my ten favorite movies. Now it’s time to share the list of ten movies that either should’ve never existed or were just flat out disappointing. As always, I don’t get a chance to see every movie (and some movies I’m too busy to waste time on) so there’s plenty of terrible films from the year that won’t be on this list because I never got around to sitting through them. If you want me to go further in depth as to why I didn’t like these movies, feel free to click on the title for the longer review.
- TAKEN 3 Released almost a year ago, this movie is still forgettable, taking Liam Neeson through even more outlandish action antics. This movie might get the award for most unnecessary film of 2015.
- PIXELS I’m essentially done giving Adam Sandler chances. There were a few laughs in here, but not enough to justify Sandler and the majority of the cast giving as little effort as possible with a dumb script.
- FANTASTIC FOUR *SIGH* So much potential here. The cast was good. The director was supposedly good. And yet, the end result was a boring, obviously rushed attempt to make a fun comic book feel as droll as possible.
- ALOHA Never before had I sat through a romantic comedy with a more convoluted plot and a greater sense of purposelessness.
- PAN Hugh Jackman and some colorful imagery couldn’t save this film from being a complete waste of time. Dumb characters and casting choices that completely missed the mark on the essence of the Peter Pan story are what made this film a complete disaster.
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY An hour and a half of awkward softcore porn, bad dialogue, and B-movie acting. Twilight at least had an occasional action sequence. This movie just seemed utterly pointless.
- THE PERFECT GUY A movie so filled with thriller clichés and moronic characters that it is mind boggling to try and figure out why such a talented cast agreed to take part in it.
- SEVENTH SON A movie so bad and forgettable, I literally forgot to review it. Major plot points that are never explained, actors phoning it in, and just an overall boring tone make this one of the worst fantasy films to date.
- JUPITER ASCENDING Quite frankly the worst science fiction film I’ve ever seen. Convoluted doesn’t even begin to describe the plot, and every character is downright insufferable. I could rant for half an hour about why this movie sucks, but you can just read the full review.
- THE BOY NEXT DOOR Jennifer Lopez being attractive is no saving grace. This movie is awful, from its plot to its characters, to its Lifetime movie production value. It was literally the only movie in 2015 that I felt like walking out of.
Honorable Mention: Minions, The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Insurgent, Furious 7, Mortdecai
2 thoughts on “My 10 LEAST FAVORITE Movies of 2015”
Perfect list. From the ones I saw, I agree wholeheartedly.
Good choices, I completely agree with all of those…truly the worst of the worst!