Not going to call this a ‘Worst’ list. These are simply the 10 movies I had the most displeasure viewing. Plus, there are several supposedly bad movies (Ouija) that I never got a chance to see. So here are my 10 Least Favorite viewing experiences of 2014. Click on each one to read the full review and feel free to comment below with your thoughts.
- MALEFICENT Yes, Angelina Jolie did a fine job and the intentions were noble enough, but the script was dull and they turned a Disney classic villain into a prankster with a sappy, happy ending, essentially giving the Sleeping Beauty story no need for a revamp.
- EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Ridley Scott continued his cold streak with this soulless excuse for a biblical epic that includes ludicrous action sequences and disconnected characters.
- RIDE ALONG A generic buddy cop movie that relied on the same Kevin Hart antics over and over again until they became stale.
- LUCY The script never managed to live up to the weight of the titular character, leaving us with a movie void of intrigue that could’ve been over after 20 minutes.
- TAMMY A comedy that wasn’t funny. At least now we know that Melissa McCarthy being Melissa McCarthy isn’t enough to drive a movie.
- SEX TAPE The only funny thing about this raunchy comedy wannabe was the Jack Black cameo at the end.
- POMPEII Hilariously bad acting and a story seemingly written by a 4th grader.
- A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST Seth McFarland should stick to doing voice overs. I only remember one funny part in the entire movie.
- INTO THE STORM Stuffed full of disaster movie clichés and flat out stupidity, yet they didn’t even bother to give us disaster movie scope until the last 15 minutes.
- ANNIE Some say cute, I say corniest film of the year. I expected style and all I got was something made for Disney Channel.
HONORABLE MENTION: Rio 2, Dracula Untold, Transcendence, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Think Like a Man Too, Let’s Be Cops